Frequently Asked Questions
- Set your thermostat to 78° when you are home, and 85° when you will be away for more than a few hours. Programmable thermostats, when properly installed and set, can save you up to approximately $200 per year.
- Closing off any unused rooms can actually cost you more in comfort and energy savings. Keep doors and air vents open to allow air to circulate freely.
- Set your thermostat fan switch to the 'auto' position rather than the 'on' position. In the 'on' position, the fan is constantly running. This easy tip can save you up to $25 a month.
- Use blinds, shades, and drapes to block the heat of the sun from entering your home. Outside, use shrubs, trees, and awnings.
- Change your filters monthly to save 1-3% on your heating and cooling costs.
- For more information please see visit the energy star website or click on the following link: http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=heat_cool.pr_hvac
Regular maintenance will help to keep your equipment operating at peak efficiency. Our maintenance regiment includes extensive cleaning, inspection and testing of components including motors and electrical components. Replacing smaller components such as capacitors and contactors as needed can help extend the life span of larger and costlier components, such as compressors and motors. Regular cleaning of equipment can also prevent system shut downs requiring emergency service due to clogged drain systems, a common issue in our humid Florida climate.
Our QV Maintenance Membership Program is another way that we offer quality and value to our customers. Available for both residential and commercial applications, our Maintenance Members enjoy regularly scheduled maintenance on their equipment, and discounts on service call fees and repairs. All of our QV Maintenance Members also receive priority scheduling as an added benefit.
At Crosspoint Refrigeration, LLC, we service all makes and models of residential heating and A/C equipment. We also service all commercial HVAC equipment, including rooftop units.
In commercial refrigeration equipment, we service all makes and models, and are authorized warranty service providers for Traulsen, Heritage (Randell), and Follett equipment.